The Mission of Materials Production and Distribution Division (MPDD) is to Print the Study Materials produced through the Program Coordinator and Distributing the same to the Students.
The Vision of MPDD is to disseminate the Study Materials in the form of E-book (Soft Copy) to all the students so as to cut down the usage of papers and enhance the usage of IT enabled services among the student community.
The main objective of the Division is to Print and distribute the study materials to the students promptly. Attending the Student Grievances either online or offline and responding properly and timely shall achieve the objective effectively.
Dr. P. Pandia Vadivu
|Mr. R. Vasudevan
| Deputy Registrar
|Mr. M. Kanniappan
|Mrs. K. Jayamala
|Mrs. R. Nirmala
|Mrs. S. Sugasini
|Mrs. A. Manjula
| Office Assistant
Best Practices of MPDD
- Effective Utilisation of Information Communication Technology (ICT) in Production and Distribution of Study Materials . Soft Copy of the study materials are being uploaded in the TNOU portal which can be easily accessible by the students of TNOU. The students are given unique ID and password for easy access ofSLMs. The softcopies are stored Faculty wise / School wise / Department wise / Program wise / Medium wise for PG / UG courses exclusively for easy access to the students as well as for printing purpose.
- The grievances of the students are attended by the effective utility of ICT enabled services like whatsapp, e-mail correspondence, TNOU grievance Portal, etc.,
- Wrappers in multi-colour are prepared and designed by the Designer exclusively engaged for this purpose at MPDD. The Wrappers are designed with high quality and standard by effective utilization of digital Technology with the latest version of software and ICT Tools. International Standard SLM Number (ISBN) with barcode is incorporated on the back side 7of the SLM.
- The University is in the verge of implementing the end-to-end paperless online Admission and Administrative system of work with the full induction of Mobile App integrated service to the students. The students and the stakeholders shall get the required information just at a click of the Icon spread out in the Dashboard. Further the students shall access and download the SLMs they are in need of, so that the delay in getting the SLM is completely nullified.
- The Material Production and Distribution Division (MP&DD), TNOU has successfully implemented the G.O.Ms.(No).193, Higher Education(K1) Department, dated 11.10.2021, pertaining to the Announcement of Higher Education Minister dated 26.08.2021 in the Grant-in-Aid demand No.20, with regard to the distribution of 750 Nos. of study materials to all 32 District Libraries in view of the learner’s benefit as well as for the reference purpose for the students whom are preparing for Competitive Examinations. The said G.O. is successfully implemented by distributing 807 Nos. of SLM (750 Nos. of old Syllabus SLM and 57 Nos. of New Syllabus SLM) totaling 25824 Nos. of SLM, to all the 32 District Libraries and receipt of the same has also been obtained from all the District Library Offices.
Production of Study Materials (January’2022 to ]anuary’2023)
|Total No. of Books
Distribution of Study Materials (January’2022 to January’2023)
|Total No. of Books
- Study materials are covered by Fire accident and natural calamity Insurance for the quantity of stock available in the godown so that , if any untoward incidence occurs, the damages to the books will be borne by the Insuring Company.
- Fire extinguishers are installed at various places inside the godown where the books are stored,
- Pesticide is applied throughout the godown at regular intervals so as to avoid damage of books due to bugs, termites, rats, cockroaches etc.,.
- CCTV camera is installed at various points of MPDD for security purposes
- The toilets, Office space and the godown of MPDD are cleaned everyday by the outsourced housekeeping staff
- Staff are strictly following the SOP (standard of procedure) while at office like wearing mask, cleaning the hands with the sanitizer, keeping their work place neat and clean.
Materials Production and Distribution Division
Ground Floor, MPDD Block
Tamil Nadu Open University
No.577, Anna Salai, Saidapet
Chennai- 600 015
Mobile: +91 93459 13377
Phone: 044 – 24350844